Rigging is the process of binding a digital skeleton to a 3D mesh. Similar to a real skeleton, a rig is made up of joints and bones, which the animators use to bend the character into a desired pose. Each bone can be bent to any direction.
Workflow for rigging Iyan 3d:
1) Select your 3D Mesh and Texture to be rigged.
2) Once you import your mesh and texture, the Model will appear like this in the rigging screen.
3) Press right side arrow in the bottom ( > ) to Attach Skeleton
4) Scale the Skeleton to scale up to match the mesh size
5) Match each joint with the mesh in its appropriate position. Ensure the placement is exactly accurate before you move on to the next phase. This will help to let the Automatic Weight painting algorithm to do best for you.
6) Select the joint and use scale value to Adjust Envelop.
7) Preview your auto rigged model by move and rotating the joints.
8) Press Add To My Library to save the auto rigged model.
You are now ready to start animating your character.